Extracting point coordinates using triangular patches

Now I have used the “wave” command in 3-matic to select the triangular faces in the acetabular area. Now I want to extract the point coordinates of the point cloud using the selected triangular faces. So, does 3-matic have these commands, or are there any script commands that can help me achieve this function? Please note that I don’t want to use the “point” command. Instead, I want to do it by manually selecting points.strong text

Hi! You can use the “.get_triangles” function of the “marked_triangles” object to retrieve the coordinates of each triangle. Let me know if this is what you are looking for!

Try this:

import trimatic

all_parts = trimatic.find_parts(regex=".\*")

for part in all_parts:
if getattr(part, "number_of_marked_triangles", 0) <= 0:
continue

sel = part.get_marked_triangles()

if not sel:
    continue

points, triangles = sel.get_triangles()

i = 1

for triangle in triangles:
    p1 = points[triangle[0]]
    p2 = points[triangle[1]]
    p3 = points[triangle[2]]

    print("Triangle {}: [{}, {}, {}]".format(i, p1, p2, p3))
    print()

    i += 1